See Around Corners - Tailored to Leadership
Our most requested long-format seminar, this learning experience has been refined over three decades of delivery to management, governance, and high potential young leaders in manufacturing, agriculture, food processing, retailing, telecommunications, government, and elected officials. Bob has presented this experience in the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.. Industry groups include government auditors, commodity association leaders, municipal elected officials, healthcare managers, university faculty, credit union management teams, and telecommunicaion companies. This seminar is customized to the particular situation for the client but typically includes:
- Key strategic thinking skills
- The "See Around Corners" methodology - 5 essential techniques to anticipate, forecast, observce, pin-point, and react.
- Extensive introductory practice in those skills using imaginative exercises
- The Executive Scanning System - best practices for staying well-informed in today's hectic pace of demand and short timelines.
- Case studies with the opportunity to compare skills to some of the most successful organizations in the world
- Follow-up materials, resources, and ongoing reference as well as a robust handout and set of forms and instructions
- Application to the foresight and strategy challenges for the organization, industry, or key factors
Vigilant Leadership: 6 Critical Skills You Need For Volatility and Uncertainty
The president of the Institute for Management Studies suggested that Bob develop this half to full-day seminar that helps organizational leaders unlock the potential of anticipation. The foundation of foresight, anticipatory habits, and implication analysis enables key players in organizations to take robust action for the future. This material has been shaped and tailored through delivery to over three thousand Fortune 500 managers. Among the segments:
- Four best practices for looking into the future
- Why prediction fails and what to do instead
- The best four tools for busy executives to keep informed of what's coming
- Futurist Bob Treadway’s “Executive Scanning System”
- Practice and coaching in “implication thinking” - an essential decision-making skill.
- The best approach to fast, successful decision-making? Slow down. We’ll prove it.